The Passion of Collecting Academic Nudes

Join me as we explore my collection of Academic Nudes from the 18th, 19th, and Early 20th Centuries and serendipitous finds in the Museum, Art Auction, and Gallery world......examples from the Golden Age of the European Academie


Saturday, May 12, 2012

William Frederick George Pape (1859-1920) Knaben Akt im Atelier (Nude Boy in Studio)

*
Several weeks ago I was browsing the current Auction catalog of Auktionshaus Van Ham in Germany and I ran across something I knew I had seen pop up for auction last year. I did some digging in the blog and discovered that the same painting had been sold last year by Auktionshaus Mehus in Germany but my eyes told me that there was something very different about the painting (comparison directly below). Apparently the last owner had sent the painting off for some nice restoration work and decided to put it back up for auction. The painting has apparently been cleaned and the scratches removed and now has a very different feeling to it.

Addendum: Auktionshaus Van Ham's after auction catalog shows the hammer price for this painting as Euros 2,700.00 plus 25%.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.